Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Tagged - I'm It

I don't really know how meme tags work, but I'm willing to give it a shot for Pandora (she worked so hard on her NaNo, after all). I'll answer what I can; here goes:
  1. Seven things to do before I die
  2. Seven things I cannot do
  3. Seven things that attract me to my spouse/partner
  4. Seven things I say most often
  5. Seven books (or series) I love
  6. Seven movies I watch over and over
  7. Seven people I want to join in

Seven things to do before I die:

  1. Vacation in one of those white-washed houses on a Greek island
  2. Finish my novel about Walter Wildgoose
  3. Become solvent for the long-haul
  4. Go to the premiere of a much-anticipated Broadway musical
  5. Organize all my photos and put them in albums
  6. Make a positive difference in someone's life
  7. Repent!

Seven things I cannot do:

  1. Keep my big mouth shut
  2. Act
  3. Remember names and faces. I can remember names. Or faces. It would be helpful to be able to do both at the same time.
  4. Hide my feelings - especially impatience and anger. (See #7 above.)
  5. Leave well enough alone
  6. Program the VCR/DVD
  7. Walk with grace and poise

Seven things I say most often:

  1. y'all
  2. shit
  3. shoot a monkey
  4. pee or get off the pot
  5. love you (to people I love - not just anybody)
  6. woo-hoo!
  7. amen

Seven books or series I love:

  1. The Ponder Heart - Eudora Welty
  2. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
  3. Harry Potter - J.K. Rowling
  4. The Meaning of Everything / The Professor and the Madman - Simon Winchester
  5. Three Men in a Boat (to Say Nothing of the Dog) - Jerome K. Jerome
  6. The Thinking Reed - Rebecca West
  7. Little House series - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Seven movies I watch over and over:

  1. Mary Poppins - the songs, Julie Andrews, cute kids, Disney. What's not to love?
  2. Breakfast at Tiffany's - the opening scene, that dress, that hair, that coffee and donut.
  3. White Christmas - Danny Kaye, that scene on the train where they make the snow scene with the napkin and bits of evergreen, the big finale.
  4. So I Married an Ax Murderer - woooooo-man! the trip to Alcatraz, Brenda Fricker - oh, it all makes me laugh
  5. Meet Me in St. Louis - How can I ignore the boy next door? Or any of it. Simply beautiful and dear.
  6. Sordid Lives - makes me feel better about my own family, hilarious!
  7. Rear Window - Grace Kelly's clothes, Thorwald, New York in the summer, Thelma Ritter, and of course Jimmy Stewart

I'm skipping #2, because I don't have a significant other right now, and #7, because I really don't know who to tag. But feel free to play along. It's a good excercise in putting one's chips on the table. I'll change my mind on every category several times, I'm sure. (And if there was a "Seven cutest people ever," you know Doris would be on it!)

No comments: