When you're in need of a good laugh, an aerobic exercise, and a statin treatment, which films are ga-run-teed to increase your brachial artery blood flow? Here are five (OK eight) of my favorite funnies, though I got a million of 'em:
- Blazing Saddles (the bean scene, the Cole Porter classics) or Young Frankenstein ("He vas my . . . boyfriend!")
- The Women (L'amour, l'amour . . . )
- Best in Show (or any Christopher Guest film)
- Sordid Lives ($32.09, $32.09, $32.09 . . . )
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail or Life of Brian or The Meaning of Life
I also must admit that the toilet scene in the first Austin Powers movie ("Who does Number 2 work for!"), gets me weeping everytime. I know. Real low-brow, but still, think of the exercise I'm getting!
Feel free to add to.