Wednesday, March 22, 2006

More hidden talents

Goodbye, mudder; hello, drywaller. I'm on my second day working with sheetrock. We have an all-chick team finishing up a back bedroom - Amanda, Ella, Regina (the homeowner), and moi - and we are doing a bang-up job (and I mean that in a good way). We hoist, measure, cut, and install the drywall. I am a madwoman with a drill, I tell ya'! Yesterday, I made the comment that I'd been screwing all day and my arm was sore. Um. You know what I mean, right?

I so enjoy working with Regina - we get to hear her story as we work. She and her family are living in FEMA trailers north of Long Beach, and they come in to their assorted houses during the day to help the work crews. She told us this morning that yesterday was the most fun she'd had working on the house (we did have a good time, plus we were very productive). That was an awesome thing to hear.

Anyway, gotta get some lunch, then back to the house. Thanks for your good wishes on this, everyone!

1 comment:

Joy Des Jardins said...

Cripes Mary..."This Old House" has nothing on you. You're becoming the female Bob Villa. Great to hear how much fun you're having. What's next?