Monday, September 12, 2005

Those fiery (and freezing) red-heads

"Red-head" often has "fiery" attached to it. A study from the University of Kentucky has found that "freezing" is just as appropriate. Seems people born with the "ginger-gene" MC1R have lower temperature and pain thresholds. In addition to being more sensitive to heat and cold, red-heads usually need more anesthetic at the dentist or surgeon. Of course, those of us with the red-haired gene L'Oreal 6RB don't have to worry about this.

I must be on the right track with my brain cocktail of crosswords and Sudoku for warding off memory loss as I get older. According to The Times of London, researchers have found that puzzles can delay mental decline (plus exercise and a good diet). The article even provides a few mental exercises, which I may try once my brain wakes up for the week.

Now, let's get to work!

No comments: