Thursday, October 06, 2011

Autumn Crush

I have not deserted you, dear readers. It's just that the past few weeks have required travel, energy, money, and a sparkling (well, at least, half-fizzy) personality, leaving me little time to collect pithy Shorty PJs thoughts.

Since my 9/11 post I've traveled to Florida for nephew Mike's wedding, spent a week telecommuting from Atlanta, attended the All Saints' Atlanta parish retreat to Kanuga in the mountains of North Carolina, and shuttled back and forth from New York to Atlanta and back.
All that stuff just used up any creative spirit or sheer physical will to tap out a blogpost.

Things always speed up when September rolls around, even after busy summers. I'm not complaining, though. Autumn is my favorite season. I love the cooler temperatures, the gradual color change of the trees, and the smell of dried leaves. I love pumpkins, jack o' lanterns, and roasted pumpkin seeds. Black and orange. Orange, yellow, and brown. Red and green. But try as I might to slow things down in order to savor this time of year, it's just impossible to do.

But I'm not complaining. I've loved everything packed into the past month and look forward to all the other things that will be crammed into the next three months. Hangin' on for dear life! Next week: Estes Park, Colorado. I'll try to do better.

I don't know about you, but I think I'll settle in with a hot cider and a good book.

Happy Autumn!

No comments: