Monday, November 14, 2005

Mouse-vember

They're baaaaack! My little rodent friends who love to spread cheer behind the stove, refrigerator and wherever they want to roam have returned for their annual holiday visit.

This problem really had me pulling my hair out last year. I keep everything so clean and neat - how dare they run amok in my kitchen! And these critters can get into anything - anything! Only metal containers will keep them out, and even then they give it a go because I'd find little teeth marks on the metal.

But I found a great way to foil (and by foil, I mean kill) the little darlings last year after searching the internet for the best "mouse-trap." It's called Rat-Zapper, and boy, does it do the job. I never have to see the dead rodent. A light blinks when the box has something in it. I pick up the box, dump it in the trash, put a few more dog food nuggets in it, and switch it back on.

The Rat-Zapper under the sink was blinking last night for the first time since January, and I had to empty it this morning, as well. So high rat season has started, I suppose. But this gizmo nips 'em in the bud, before they get out into my kitchen to do their dirty work.

Such pleasant Monday morning conversation, eh?

No comments: