Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Is that a pole in your firehouse, or are you just glad to see me?

stooges

I hesitate to post this, since it only confirms the stupidity of Southerners. Big sigh.

Picture it: a woman at a party in a firehouse. (My suspicions are raised already, and yours?) Takes a little party slide down the firehouse pole. (I'm assuming this is the literal pole and not, well . . . ) Ends up landing hard enough to do $7500-worth of damage to her feet and ankles. (Whew! I thought it was gonna be 3rd degree thigh-burn.)

So now she's suing the Oconee Fire Department and County Commission. That'll teach 'em to give just anybody pole-access. Read the whole story here.

As you can tell, I'm in my after-office-party-funk and capable of only the most menial of tasks. Pass the Jagermeister.

2 comments:

petercmoore said...

Go for it Ms. Gooch! Take these evil fire department hoodlums to cleaners!

This reminds me of an experience I had last year. The picture goes all wobbly as I remember it...

I was invited to a "Throw House Bricks Into The Air As High As You Can" party, in the local, municipal car-park, by some local youths who assured me that they were members of the Chamber of Commerce.

Breaking in to the car park wasn't a problem, but after the first brick hit my knee and the second one landed on my head, injuring a couple of possibly essential parts of my brain, I knew that legal action would need to be taken.

As I languished in my hospital bed, I saw an ad on TV: "Injured? Not your fault?" Too bloody right!

As a result of my landmark action, I am now better-off to the tune of £350 and every municipal car-park in the land must display a warning sign: "Patrons must not throw bricks in the air without prior written permission of the management".

It was certainly a proud day for the legal profession. I can remember the lawyers celebrations, as they flicked their long tongues out to catch flies.

MaryB said...

OK, PT - when I come out of my turkey/carb stupor for real, I'm going to have to post about your brick tossing incident. Hilarious! You're on your way to a Darwin Award, for sure!