Wednesday, January 31, 2007

How'd we find each other?

Whenever I read comments on other blogs, I'm always struck by the crossovers. Elsie comments on Liz's posts. Winston comments on Peter the Other's. Joy comments on Tamar.

And I start thinking: Who found who and in which order? Not that it matters. It's just interesting.

Did I discover PT first, or Chux? I know it took me a while to figure out that Chris and PT are related. ( Jo came along after I'd sorted out the relationship, I think.)

A lot of my favorite bloggers don't crossover-comment, but for those of you who do, I like reading your responses to blogs that have a different focus from my own.

So, how'd we all find each other? Just wondering.

(Do you like how I'm killing time posting instead of packing???)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, dearie, i find you ... most enticing...

Elsie said...

I found you and Winston at Peter's (the first blog I ever read), and I've been forever glad I did. I think I found Liz right here, but I can't remember for certain. As you said, not that it matters, but it is interesting.

Chris said...

Blogging was a complete mystery to me until PT talked about this woman from Atlanta who was writing a really interesting story about a Chelsea Pensioner. This got me curious so I had to take a look and that was the start of it all for me. Jo followed not too soon after.

First off, I just read some of Pete's favourite bloggers then I worked my way through your list. I didn't comment all that much at first because I felt not very confident that anyone would be in the slightest bit interested in what I had to say. Same goes for actually writing my own blog.

But then I thought I'd give it a try and I'm certainly glad I did.

Now I have quite a long list of favourites, all found via the initial few. I'm not sure that too many people read my wondrous attempts but does it really matter? I'm just glad that there's a small band of people I think of as friends, although we've never met, all because of this blogging business.

MaryB said...

At least we all found each other . . . however we did it.

Liz Hinds said...

I think you were the first one I found, Mary - or was it vice versa? I really can't remember. I just looked it up and found my first comment from Mary on 24th November, 2005!

I seemed to be grumbling at the time about rejection letters; some things don't change!!