Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Deposition Day

So a girl runs a red light and totally destroys my car (and does no favors to my knees and ankles, either) on December 15, 2003. 2003. I repeat: 2003. My lawyers, her lawyers, Enterprise Rental Car lawyers have been hanging out at the spa or the pub or wherever for 2 1/2 years. Can't get 'em to move off the dime for love nor money. 'Til now.

Suddenly, it behooves them to depose me about the wreck smack in the midst of the busiest week of my life. I should've told 'em I was leaving town earlier, I reckon!

Today I'll have to spend a good 3-4 hours at the lawyers' office, trying to be very black-and-white with my answers ("Were you wearing a red dress?" " Well, it was really more a cranberry color." "Yes or no?! Was the dress red or not?") Sigh. My brain aches already.

On the upside, a fun-filled farewell party is planned for this evening. I will earn all the wine and chocolate I can inhale tonight, I suspect!

Another upside - I think Blogger's letting me comment again. Of course, now I don't have time to comment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, MB. I can't beleive you have to do this now either...hope it doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth for your Atlanta life chapter.

Maybe a quick stop at the Varsity on the way to the airport...

Unknown said...

Life's a bitch [some of the time anyway] ......

petercmoore said...

If you need a witness, I'm prepared to swear that she was drinking vodka and chatting on her cell-phone when she hit you.

'Course, I'd need somewhere cheap to stay in NY in return for committing perjury...!