Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Bankin' on Beans & Greens


We have a New Year's tradition in the South which I abide by faithfully, even living in New York City.  For health and prosperity in the coming year, we eat greens (turnip, collards, kale, etc.) and black-eyed peas on New Year's Day. Some say the greens represent paper money and the peas represent coins that will come your way in the next 365 days. And cornbread, of course, rounds off any meal.

I rate my efforts this year superior. Couldn't have been more delicious (and nutritious). I'll be living off this meal for a week, so here's hoping some of it does translate into folding money and some change.

Happy New Year to all. May you have a year of health, love, laughter, and prosperity.

1 comment:

Liz Hinds said...

It doesn't sound delicious ... but I'm sure it is.