Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ode to the Bubble Light

O, bubbly delight
Festooning the tree,
Your taper deserves laud and praise!
The orangy-red liquid
Is churning away,
A-lulling us into a haze.

No greater invention
Has e’er come our way.
You fizz up our frothy-less gloom.
No iPhone or iPod,
Or iAnything
Compares to your bubbly plume.

Let your light so shine,
The Good Book says;
To hide it can cause real trouble.
So when I shine
A light for me
I hope to Heaven it’ll bubble.

Pull down those tasteful
Little LEDs
Their wow-ness is, oh, so slight.
Shun the chic!
Embrace the glory
Of the wondrous Bubble Light!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's still a mystery how those little buggers work. I've been amazed by these little wonders since I first saw them on our Aunt Peggy's tree in the 50s. I would still nominate them as the best technical advance of the 20th century. See how we were entertained before X-Boxes. Bro.

Elsie said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Mary, especially to your new little grandbaby.

MaryB said...

Bro - I really don't want to know how they work. I want to keep it magic. And, yes, the bubble light is the best technical advance of the 20th century!

Elsie - Merry Christmas to you! So good to hear from you! Hope all is well. Who knows? Maybe I'll drop in on you in 2011!

Liz Hinds said...

Have a wonderful Christmas, Mary! Love from Wales (and woofs from george!) xx