Friday, February 19, 2010

Blog Frustration

I think the reason that I haven't posted as much over the last year is that I'm frustrated with Blogge'sr new layout system and can't figure out what to do about it. What I would like to do is migrate to the new layout format, but keep my distinctive banner and template.

I've tried everything. Endless searches on Google for answers that address this. Many false starts - replacing new template HTML with my old design HTML, clicking buttons, saving reams of code. Sigh. In the end I have to revert to the old form so that I can keep my design. Another sigh. I can't believe I'm the only person out there who wants to keep a template design and take advantage of some of the new Blogger layout features, as well.

And yes, I've looked into other blog systems like Word Press, but while they let me import all the posts, comments, etc., I can't figure out how to override the standard, boring template designs they offer and replace with my own. Yet, another sigh.

Plus, for some odd reason, my Blogrolling sidebar stopped working months ago, so I just took it out of the template. I love having easy access to favorite blogs via my own blog. I've recreated the blogroll several times, inserted the HTML into my template as before, but it just doesn't work. Make that four big sighs.

I like things to look right and work right. Maybe I've lost my touch here, but if ANYbody can help me migrate my current template design + add a workable blogrolling feature to either Blogger's mew layout or another FREE blog system, let me know.

(Don't you hate when people blog about blogging? Yeah, a pet peeve of mine, too.)

No comments: