Wednesday, August 15, 2007

It's official!

Just got a call from daughter Kate in Ireland. She's over there with her significant other Greg, her two half-sisters, and her father and his wife for a 10-day visit.

Greg made it official on their visit to the Cliffs of Moher : I'm going to be a mother-in-law. Oh, and Kate's going to be a bride. I'm still waiting for the bling-photo to come through (er, picture of the ring).

Remember the secret I posted about in June? Well, that's when Greg called to ask me if he could ask Kate to marry him. My response was "Absolutely - but I have no control over her answer!"

I'm thrilled, of course, as is the happy couple.

Wedding date? Probably October 2008. So I have a few months to lose weight and try to find a decent MoB dress (and aren't they all awful??).

7 comments:

jomoore said...

Congratulations Mary, and to Kate and Greg, of course!

Flout convention and find a stunning MotB dress - my Mum managed it!

And how lovely of Greg to ask your permission. So sweet.

Kay Dennison said...

Congratulations and best wishes to both of them! And to you, too, mama!

I had a beautiful mother of the groom dress -- there are some pretty ones!

Clare said...

Congratulations :-D happy news!

I hope you find the perfect dress - and just think of all the shopping you "have" to do in order to find it!

Elsie said...

How wonderful! Congratulations to all of you.

MaryB said...

Thanks for all the congrats! I'm still trying to let it sink in that Kate's getting married. (Why, it was only yesterday . . . ) It's heartening to hear that there may be some fine un-MOB dresses out there - though I'm still skeptical, I must say. Fortunately, I have a fair amount of time to search.

Chris said...

Phew - at last - the secret's out! Congratulations to the happy couple, Mary, and aren't they lucky to have you as a Ma & Ma-in-law.

As Jo says, I did have a stunning outfit but had to go to South Carolina to find it!

Liz Hinds said...

Congratulations to you all! How wonderful and what a lovely thing to look forward to.

I wore a white trouser suit to daughter's wedding - with her approval. in fact she chose it.