Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Brain Drano

  • Has anyone read Jane Gardam's The Queen of the Tambourine? Can you explain it to me? I get that Eliza was delusional and depressed, but what was really happening? Did her husband leave her? Who, really, was Joan? I finished the book, but I must've missed a lot along the way. If you know anything spill da' beans.
  • Notice how at least once a day, some brainless television personality says, "That's billion with a B!"? As opposed to? Billion with a C? An F? An X? Yeah, duh, you twit. Billion with a B. We heard ya' the first time.
  • Can Lisa Rinna's lips get any bigger? They need their own terror alert system, because when those puppies explode . . .
  • Why does Dr. McDreamy on Grey's Anatomy find sullen, pathetic Meredith more appealing than his brilliant, witty, gorgeous wife, Addison?
  • What's with the way eyebrows grow weird and long the older I get? I'm trading in my tweezers for a weed-whacker.
  • Does your chewing gum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight? Really? What if you've only chewed it for a minute or two?
Whoa - that's better! Flushed all those big hairy clogs right outta my head. I should sleep well tonight, eh?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we should have a lip contest between Lisa Rinna and Angelina Jolie. And I get to be the judge, of course! What's wrong Shorty? Jealous? Now, now...

Chris said...

Lisa, who apparently had post-natal depression after the birth of her first child, said 'I didn't know what hit me'. Well, whatever it was it's pretty obvious where the punch landed!

MaryB said...

Oh, Winston. I guess you like rock-hard fake boobs, too? Chris is right - Rinna looks like she's been socked in the mouth. Repeatedly. As does Jolie. Yu.Uck. But you go, Winston - good luck with that lip contest. ;-)

petercmoore said...

Lisa and Angelina have those big lips so that they'll stick to a window when thrown agin't.

Haven't read the book in question, but I've been looking for something new to read so it's now ordered from the great Amazon depot.

Liz Hinds said...

Who is Lisa Rinna?

It's the eyebrows growing out of my chin that annoy me.

MaryB said...

Click on the picture to see Rinna, Liz. She's a celebrity of some kind, most famous for big lips and participating in the celebrity dance contest on TV.

And, yeah, hair seems to sprout in unlikely places as I'm aging. What gives?

I've turned off the word verification for a while, since it's blocking commenters (Shorty included). Blogger - aargh!

Chris said...

Actually I think Lisa Rinna is a mouth-wash

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think that Meg Ryan's lips are the worst. How could she have done that to herself? She used to be the perfect girl-next-door beauty.

MaryB said...

I agree, Elsie. Meg was such a cutie until she pumped up her lips. Ugh. (And welcome back to the land of the living - hope you're feeling fine now.)