Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Think you're smart, do you?

Ah, the notorious 101 Annual King William's College Quiz.

For over a century students at the College on the Isle of Man have pulled their hair out over this wickedly tough general knowledge test (a new one every year, of course).Known far and wide as the hardest quiz in the world, the average score = 2.

What kind of mind(s) create this thing? Ouch! It's totally Brit-centric, but even those of us far removed from Albion can enjoy the intricacy of the thing.

So have a go at the quiz, Mr. and Ms. Smarty-Pants. Quiz and answers linked above. See if you can beat "2."

5 comments:

Christa said...

Ewww...sorry to say, I just lost track of my own braincells after reading the first three questions...LOL
You can be smart...and you can be smart...ya know ;)
At least I hope that is the case...hehe

petercmoore said...

Hey. I got ONE right!

Are you telling me these questions are set by kids? Some of them need a kick up the arse!

MaryB said...

I have no idea who comes up with these questions. I picture a gaggle of drunk, nerdy professors with no sex life (not that nerds don't have a sex life - just these particular nerds) putting the quiz together. What's your guess?

The questions are so off-the-wall that I can't even understand 'em until I see the answers!

But let's give someone a kick up the arse, anyway. Just to make us feel better, eh? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Havent gone to take a peek yet, but from the other comments here, it will probably scare the bejesus out of me too!

Your pic of Einstein reminded me of a quote from him that I just collected a few days back:

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?"

MaryB said...

Read the answers first, to give you an idea of what the heck the quiz is looking for. Of course, that's cheating, but even with the answers the thing's still brutal.