Very productive little trip to Amelia Island but glad to be home. Observations and highlights:
- I-16 from Macon to Savannah is the most boring road ever. (Though my daughter would argue it's the freeway the runs between St. Louis and Denver - she's probably right.)
- Cracker Barrel is the world's tackiest place to eat.
- Five people from diverse life experiences can tackle a monumental mess and create something of organized, sacred beauty. In a day and a half. Without even that many potty breaks.
- Lives connect in amazing ways. Listening to someone else's story makes it a part of your own.
- Can't believe some folks are still forced to use a dial-up modem. I'd forgotten how that stupid dialing-whistling-roaring stuff sounds while it's taking 45 minutes to bring up the homepage (or any page, for that matter).
- I can't sleep when someone is snoring like a hog in the Truffle-Snuffling Olympics. (Did I mention I was glad to be home?)
- The ocean is awesome in January.