Sunday, October 23, 2005

A foggy day in 'Couver Town

This is what it looks like outside my 16th floor palatial room at the Westin Bayshore in Vancouver right now. Except gray, not blue. Since I don't have a digital camera (I understand Sandy Claus is bringin' me one for Christmas, though!), I had to find my Vancouver fog picture here.)

When I woke up around 7 this morning, it was cloudy and misty, but I could see the skyscrapers and boats in the harbor. The pea-soup thickens, as I type. But I like a place with atmosphere, and co-worker Garth and I plan to get into as much trouble as possible before we are called to set up our conference exhibit and become the adorable marketing team for Perkins+Will's Graphics Lab that we truly are. Also, we have enough client and committee buddies around who'll add to the merriment. So, fog? Pah! Will not slow us down.

And let me give it up big time for the beds at the Vancouver Westin. You know my hotel-bed-pet-peeves, well, honey - down comforters, feather pillows, bottom sheet (very high thread-count, my dears) stays tucked. 'Nuff said. In fact, the bed-comfort is heavily marketed here - the Westin is actually proud of it! The hotel room comes complete with a catalog of its bedding accoutrements, called "Heavenly Bed." Shoot, I don't care how big a crass marketing scheme it is - all I know is that I get a superb night's sleep in a comfortable bed. Which is what a hotel should be about, to my mind. So you bidness-travelers out there, play princess-and-the-pea at the Westin sometime. Sweet!

OK, time for trouble. Gotta go - I'll be back when the fog lifts in the Big Van.

No comments: