Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Great Halloween Songs

OK - I'm back on my home turf. That wonderful smell of dry leaves is in the air, even though it is unseasonably warm here in Atlanta.

Ready for a new addition to my haunted-holiday listings (see Halloween movie list here)? Here's the definitive list of all-time great Halloween songs. Ready?

1. "Monster Mash" by Bobby "Boris" Pickett, 1962.
2. Um. (pause) Er. (pause) Hmm. (scratch head) See #1.

So there aren't a lot of famous Halloween songs, I reckon. Why's that, do you wonder? Fabulous holiday. Costumes. Candy. Shoot, I could write a song or two, I bet. Let me get right on that.

Still, ya' gotta love Bobby Pickett, who's been living off the Monster Mash golden goose for 43 years now. You just knew he'd have a website, eh?

All together now. . .

. . . Out from his coffin, Drac's voice did ring
Seems he was troubled by just one thing
He opened the lid and shook his fist
And said, "Whatever happened to my Transylvania twist?"

It's now the mash
It's now the monster mash
The monster mash
And it's a graveyard smash
It's now the mash
It's caught on in a flash
It's now the mash
It's now the monster mash

2 comments:

melinama said...

Here are some more halloween songs for you!

http://pratie.blogspot.com/2005/10/halloween-songs.html

MaryB said...

Great list! Thanks for the additions -