Friday, October 28, 2005

The REAL news story of the day

Forget ol' Harriet, Scooter (I ask you, "Scooter"???), and Karl. The big story of the day is that the famous flying car in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets has - yes, I'm going with this tired old phrase - flown the coop. Or coupe. Or gar-age, as the folks on that island across the pond say. According the The Times, the baby blue Ford Anglia has disappeared from its parking space at the studio.

The article says that the car couldn't be driven so it must've been "spirited away" by some other means. Well, duh. It can fly, ya' know. I bet Ron and Harry are missing, as well. If I were a bettin' woman, I'd look up into the skies of Vegas.

The Times provides police contact numbers in case we see it. Alas, it doesn't give us the license tag number. I mean, we can't go turning in every flying blue Anglia we see now, can we?

(But really - Scooter? He should be indicted just for havin' that name. )

No comments: