Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A NaNo NaNoo Toast

Congratulations to all my blog buddies who have passed the 50,000-word mark in the National Novel Writing Month race to the finish. Since I didn't have it in me to participate this year, I was personal NaNo cheerleader for Pandora and Nobody - both of whom were big winners. (Now, I'm not saying that my NaNo cheerleading prowess had anything to do with their success, but . . .)

We're hours away from the midnight deadline. To those of you still struggling - we're with ya' all the way. You can do it. To those who ran, skipped, or crawled over the finish line - woo-hoo!

Let's all raise an egg to your achievement!

Aside: Does anyone but me remember when Robin Williams looked this young? Dude - Robin! - do you remember being this young, you old coot?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not saying that my NaNo cheerleading prowess had anything to do with their success

But of course it did. The public aspect of NaNo is part of what makes it so, erm, magical. So thanks. :)

Robin Williams is one weird dude. Mork. Hee. I'd almost forgotten.

MaryB said...

As someone who only managed to eke out 417 words this morning between 5 and 6:30, I am in awe of all of you who managed to push out 50,000 in 30 days or less. I bow to your prowess!

LBH said...

I think the cheerleading helped greatly! You always seemed to leave a comment just when I was feeling like I wasn't going to finish it as my brain was melting. It was very motivating and encouraging. Thank you :)

I'm sure one of the UK channels used to show Mork and Mindy when I was little - I don't remember much about it but who could forget Robin Williams looking like that!