Sunday, November 06, 2005

Blog referrals, because I gotta finish painting

"Now, you can go to the blog on Route 4, or take the one on Route 12. As for me, I'm stayin' in Peyton Place."

As predicted, a glorious All Saints' Sunday at All Saints' Church. Music - an awesome requiem (by Douglas Major, organist and choirmaster at the National Cathedral, world premiere was held at All Saints' Oct. 28), fall flowers, berries, wheat sheaves, gourds - stunning, the tolling of the bell for the saints we lost this year, plus daughter Kate and boyfriend Greg showed up. Bonus - brunch at Buckhead Diner afterwards.

But now I must slap on the last coat of living room paint, plus the molding and baseboards, so I can't do one of my usual pithy posts. Do, however, let me direct you to a few of my favorites from others in BlogWorld:

Need a good rugelach recipe (and who doesn't)? Get thee to Pratie Place for one tried and true.

Are we creative types always neurotic in some hidden and not-so-hidden ways? The Open Mind posts about interesting research at University of Melbourne. (We also bonded over "The Producers.")

With some of the burdens placed on innocent children, ya' gotta wonder how folks ever make it to a functioning adulthood. Tamar(ika) shares her story at In and Out of Confidence.

And for those of us who are anal retentive editors - which often gets in the way of my writing, as you well know - Paperback Writer has some pithy suggestions on 12 Step Editing (though I'm not sure it's recognized by AA).

Lots more good stuff out there, but I must hie to the store for dogfood or old Bailey will never let me paint in peace. Chow, baby (Bailey can speak, but not spell, Italian). Some dog!

No comments: