The "8 Things" Tag
OK, pt. You tagged me. I enjoy reading how other folks answer tags, but I'm lousy at doing them myself. Still, I'll be a good sport and post 8 facts/habits about myself. But first, according to the instructions, I must post the rules:
The rules are simple…Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
So. I think this will be kinda boring for you, but here goes.
1. Habit: Bath/Book/Bed. Has to happen, or it takes me forever to get to sleep. The routine starts with a good soak in a hot tub (usually working Sudoku, and yeah, it gets wet, but so what?) to relax me. Next, I always, always have to read - even just a couple of pages - before I can sleep. Only then can I call it a night and rest.
2. Habit: "Lots of lemon." Applies to iced tea and water. I cram 4 or 5 wedges (gently squeezed) into my tea and water. But funnily enough, I don't (usually) put lemon in my hot tea.
3. Habit: Fiddling with my hair. It drives other people crazy, I know (they tell me about it), but I constantly run my fingers through my hair - mainly to keep it out of my face. Sorry, everyone.
4. Habit: I constantly check my bank balance. Before the days of online banking, I'd call the automated number to check it. Now, I just go to the computer. This obsession has something to do with my ex-husband, I think. ;-)
5. Fact: I'm a boring gift-getter. My friends and family complain that I always request the same things when asked what I want for Christmas or birthday. Books (or bookstore gift card). Notecards. Bubblebath (citrusy, minty, or lavendery - not sweet). Candles. Sure, there are other things I like, but I need an infusion of the above once or twice a year to keep up my supply!
6. Fact: I like my food spicy. The hotter the better. I roam the world in search of the hottest sauces and peppers. I appreciate that there may come a day when my stomach can't take it anymore, but till that day . . .
7. Fact: I don't play along with chain letters/emails. Oh, the retribution I've brought down on my head for being the one to break the chain! I've lost millions! I've caused the death of thousands of children, soldiers, and cancer patients! I'm a disgrace to humanity! Just be forewarned, if you send me one, the chain will break.
8. Fact: Autumn is my favorite season; summer my least favorite. Winter surpassed summer a number of years ago. (Cold weather, hot tea or chocolate, Christmas, snow, fires in the fireplace, cozy blankets - yum!)
OK. That's it. I'm sure I'll think of better things as time goes on, but this will have to do for now. I'm tagging anyone out there who wants to be tagged.