Thursday, October 11, 2007

Example of a heat-seeker. Or maybe just a big ham.

No, not the two folks in the center of the photo. They are adorable, self-effacing, non-heat-seekers. But look to the right of friend Ann's head. See the woman leaning into our picture? What was that about?

Anyway, the heat-seeker behind us didn't spoil a wonderful dinner with Atlanta friends at the West 51st Street restaurant Vice Versa. More good conversation with lovely, gracious Southern folks, who were in town for friend Harry's Theatre and Theology Class. After dinner they were off to see Spring Awakening.

Yes, that Spring Awakening - the very show where I made my Broadway stage debut last month! OK, yeah, I do have my own heat-seeking moments.

Anyway, I think the photo is hilarious because of the woman behind us. Ha!

6 comments:

Em said...

LOL...too funny! Was she that desperate to be in someone's photo?!?!

Joy Des Jardins said...

Someon'e not camera shy. But looking past that....what a nice picture of you two...you look especially adorable Mar....

Elsie said...

Yeah, what's the deal with that? She does sort of look like you, so maybe she thought it was a family photo.

Anonymous said...

The poor girl! Giving her the benefit of a doubt when I clicked on the picture and enlarged it...

whoa!!! Her wine glass is empty.
I believe she is just trying to catch the waiters eye for a refill or the picture was snapped as she passed out and was falling out of her chair. Note the glassy look in her eye.

Or... she was trying to dodge the picture all together and just didn't dodge far enough because of all the wine she had imbibed. In any case aren't we all lucky we have a record of this woman.
Big Bro.

Anonymous said...

Puhleeeese take my picture. Please, please, please. At least let me be in yours, whaddaya say, huh. Pretty please with sugar on it... I wanna get my picture took...

MaryB said...

The funny thing is that I remember it took Ann's husband a long time to take this picture - as if there was something in the background he was trying to avoid - but he never said what it was. A picture is worth a thousand yadda-yadda . . .