Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Three generations of summer fun

Remember when you were little and loved summer so much that you didn't care how hot it got? Well, try to get back those good thoughts. I've found pictures that span three generations of children in my family enjoying the good ol' summertime.

Mother and Aunt Mildred (we called her "Noonie," though she spelled it "Nunnie," I think) in their fine May Day outfits. Mother looks, what?, 10-11 years old maybe? So it would be around 1926-27, I guess. Don't they look just tickled pink to be wearing such joyous little dresses?

Cousin Steve, me, sister Cindy on a summer's day in Grant Park, Atlanta (Cyclorama in the background, I believe). I'm thinking it must be around 1956, or so. Notice Steve and Cindy still have their cotton candy, and mine's all gone. Typical!

Awwww, I love this one. Nephew Mikey sharing his popsicle with my little Kate at the pool, 1984. These two have been so close since the git-go, and they still hang out together. But again, awwwww!

No comments: