Sunday, July 30, 2006

Photo Regurgitation: Amherst MA

Never got to Emily's house. Too busy with the conference. But I had a little time on my hands this morning before I catch the train back to New York, so I took a little hike along the river. Hot, humid, but very green and quiet (except for the Phil-Spector-Wall of Sound cicadas).

And if you're ever in Amherst, The Black Walnut Inn is the place to stay. This B&B has wonderful, comfortable rooms (wi-fi, even!) and the breakfasts are out of this world. They bake their own bread, and we had freshly picked blueberries yesterday morning. (And thanks for leaving the apple pie out last evening - yum!).





5 comments:

Peter (the other) said...

Wow, you almost have me missing dear ol' Maaaaaa (think BGees) ssachusetts.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Some beautiful pics Mary. Hope you really enjoyed your trip. Looks nice and peaceful...just what you needed I suspect.

MaryB said...

Feel I'm goin' back to Maaaassachusetts. Ya, petertheother, a real BeeGees moment. Wish I'd had more time to kick around Amherst - maybe in the fall (with millions of others).

Yes, Joy, it was a lovely morning after an intense few days. Exactly what the doctor ordered!

Liz Hinds said...

Looks beautiful. Now I am scurrying to my atlas to find out exactly where Massachussetts is.

Anonymous said...

So, you're the one who snitched the apple pie in the middle of the night... For shame, Mary, for shame...