Thursday, July 20, 2006

Subway Karma

Wonder how the universe - or the Metropolitan Transportation Authority - pays back those guys/gals (and gender-unknowns) who stand inside the doorways of subway trains, refusing to move aside to let folks either in or out?

Does the universe summon up retribution for people so completely brain-dead that they can't figure out the simple physics of getting x-number of people at x-height/weight both leaving the train and entering the train through 3-foot sliding doorways? (Wait! I think I had that exact word problem in 4-grade arithmetic! Never thought it would come in handy, though.) Add to the problem the noodle-brained schmuck body-blocking a foot-and-a-half of that doorway, and well, I think the MTA gods would be completely justified in liquidating said drain sludge.

And if they don't come through, I'm sure my laptop-laden briefcase, strategically located around family-jewels height just might serve as subway karma. Then I just smile sweetly and say, Ooh! Sorry! and give a little helpless shrug as I leave the train. . .

No comments: