Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A twist on Robin Hood: stealing from the mean and, well, keeping it

Oh, those nasty old rich celebrities! The London Times reports that "housemaid to the stars" Lucyna Turyk-Wawrynowicz (try saying that five times fast) has been stealing from her famous employers, but - she contends - only the mean ones. (Is that a defense, I wonder?) Who are the meanies, you ask? According to "Lucy," Candace Bergen, Robert De Niro, and Faith Popcorn, among others. But she never stole from Isabella Rosselini because she treated her with respect (or maybe because she didn't have as much credit available on the old Gold Card). Miss Lucy's been dubbed the "dastardly domestic." (I'm presuming by Candy, Bobby and Faith, not Izzy.)

Thank God I'm not a celebrity (though I can be mean sometimes). I'm looking around trying to find something worth stealing. The rickety old computer with the very unhip, whacking great boat-anchor of a monitor? Um, probably not. The 15-year-old TV? Nope. There are a couple of nice art pieces, but I've cleverly mixed them in with the crap, so uhn-uh. Same with my first editions - all higgledy-piggledy in the bookshelves. And don't even think about the credit cards - best of luck with those, you dastardly domestic. (Steal my identity - please!) So I'm safe for now, I suppose. Ah, the rich have so many problems that we just can't imagine, eh?

1 comment:

melinama said...

I'm not surprised to hear Candace Bergen is one of the "mean ones" but I don't care - her onscreen nastiness more than makes up for it.

I didn't think anything could make "Boston Legal" better than it was already, but she did...