Friday, August 26, 2005

Needless Markup has gone to the dogs (and rightly so)

Well, here's one that'll leave you shakin' your head and wanting to bitch-slap the next self-righteous desperate housewife in a gas-guzzling tank. The Atlanta Journal Constitution reports that some lame-brain left two poodles in a behemoth SUV in the Lenox Square parking lot here in Atlanta. Let me set the scene for ya' - it has been hot here. Not regular Southern hot - I mean oven-roasted turkey hot. Awful! So, anyway, a Neiman-Marcus employee comes out, sees the dogs, and tries to rescue them from being baked alive:

I walked out the door, saw the dogs, went back into the store and got the phone number for Fulton County Animal Control and wrote down the tag number," she said. "I went out a second time and checked the doors and they were locked."

Cheatham went back inside and picked up a little paper bowl and a bottle of water.

"I'm 5-2," she said. "I took my shoes off and got on the hood."

That's when everything went to the dogs. By the time she was in a position to reach down through the sunroof, the car owner "came out and called me fat and ugly," Cheatham said. "She was just screaming." Cheatham said Ramona Lindsey screamed for her to get off the "$80,000 car."

According to Cheatham, Lindsey also said: "I hope you're somebody because I'm going to have your job."

Lindsey, of Peachtree City, declined comment, saying twice Thursday that her attorney would contact the newspaper, but he didn't.

The next day, Neiman-Marcus fires the woman who tried to save the dogs! Say, wha'? Now, I don't know what this employee had done in the past that would warrant dismissal, but this, this shouldn't have pushed it over the edge. Are you with me here? In fact the owner of the dogs and the god-awful SUV shoulda' been taken to jail immediately and the car sold to help support the troops (don'cha' just know there was a big yellow ribbon slapped on the back of the car?). I mean, she needs to be taken off the streets because she's too stupid to drive, too stupid to own dogs, too stupid to shop - well, you get my drift. She's endangering the population, both human and canine.

OK, that's my vent for the day. And woo-hoo! It's Friday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

.......and now they are picking on some poor guy in Florida who does nothing but good for the rescue organizations and stopping puppy mills, the actually want him to give them his domain name!