Thursday, November 09, 2006

Feelin' Fall-y

Enough with election talk and trips to the four corners of the earth. It's autumn, glorious autumn! We're in that golden season between the mid-October ramp-up to Halloween and the grand finale of Christmas, with Thanksgiving smack in between.

What's not to love? The leaves - both here and in England last week - are stunning. Dying though they may be, those leaves are going out in a blaze of glory.

And don't we all hope to do the same some day? That's why my hair's just going to get redder and higher as the years go by. Till finally, I drop. Then, someone will pick me up and press me between two pieces of wax paper, run an warm iron over me, and preserve my red fabulousness for the ages. At least, that's how I hope it'll go down.

And as long as we're on the subject of fall, here are a couple of posts about autumn from last November's Shorty blog.

Now, go take a walk. Kick some leaves. Smell the smells. Bundle up.

(By the way, I took the picture of the tree last Saturday outside Washington National Cathedral. Ain't it grand?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a girl after my own heart Mary...Autumn, Glorious Autumn! I loved your two posts from last November....beautiful...pictures and words.

You know...that's not a bad way to go out...pressed between the pages of a book. Enjoy these days Mary...

Elsie said...

Beautiful photo. Our trees are bare up here due to the storm last week. But the air still has the crisp fall feel to it, so it's pretty wonderful anyway. Before long, snow!