Thursday, May 18, 2006

Shhh - don't tell anybody!

I'm slipping back to Atlanta this evening and will return Sunday morning. I'm representin' at the opening ceremony of a 4th Century Chinese Bible exhibit currently touring the US. It's hit Los Angeles and will be in Atlanta through May 24; then it moves up here to New York. Still the church wanted a representative in Atlanta since Jimmy Carter's speaking at the ceremony.

I thought about doing a quick turn-around, returning to NY tomorrow afternoon. But there's still so much stuff that needs to be done with the house, that I'm hanging out for the weekend hoping to finish packing. Also, now that I've lived here for a couple of weeks, I know more about what I need to haul up from the house. I'm taking a gigantic roller trunk - empty now - to stuff for my NY return.

But don't tell anybody. OK, daughter knows, but she's got plans for most of the weekend, and sister Cindy's checking out California, so I won't see her. I plan to do my official duty, then camp out at my house (and my own bed - ahhhhhhhhh!) until I fly out Sunday morning.

I do have a dog-/house-sitter here in New York, for those of you worried about Bailey. The woman's references checked out, and I have met her (as has Bailey). Fingers crossed, I've found the right person to watch the dog while I'm out-of-town.

OK, so all of this is just between me and you, right? Have a good weekend all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, yesterday I thought it seemed a little brighter down to the Southeast of us. Now I know that was you lighting up the skies over Hotlanta.

Say hello to Jimmy for me. He has a, what, nephew perhaps, that lives here and writes a column for the local rag. He is a hoot, but seems to have fallen far from the peanut patch.

Safe trip back...