Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Queen of Central Park

Not to be confused with the queens of Central Park, of course.

Still don't have my own computer yet - should arrive at the apartment today and then I can post my very own pictures. For now, this will have to do, since it's a familiar sight to us now.

Bailey and I hit the park once every 12 hours - 6am and 6pm. We enter at 90th & 5th Avenue, just up from the Guggenheim Museum and three blocks from my new abode. Anyway, Bails has already found her pee-spot and her poo-spot, which makes everything easier as we head for those first. Then we're free to roam the park, making sure to stay out of the way of joggers and cyclists (who are RUTHLESS, I tell ya'). But there are plenty of non-crowded spaces there - it's huge - and we have our favorite areas sussed out.

New York greeted me on Saturday with the most gorgeous weather - sunny and warm, but not too warm. Apartment living is taking some getting used to after so many years in a home of my own, but, well, we're adjusting.

The job is all go - thrown in at the deep end, as it were - but I think I'm keeping up and catching on. Everyone at the Church Center has been just super, which makes things easier. More about the job in another post

Anyway, thanks for hanging with me, all. I'll get back into the blog swing of things later this week. Can't believe I'm working in New York. Wow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go get 'em Sis. I miss you!
Cindy

Joy Des Jardins said...

WOW is right! Somehow you pulled it all together Mary....and beautifully. I know it's been one hectic adventure, but you have to feel really good about how it all turned out. All I can say is CONGRATULATIONS on an amazing job. Enjoy your new digs.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back and still kicking it...NY style. Hope all is well... The South has been dark and gloomy since Saturday, when you left. Hope you come back to brighten our skies again some day...