Monday, September 19, 2005

It's Monday morning. Do you know where your brain is?

Back in my own little cubby after last week's trip to DC and two night's rest in my own bed. Lots of travelling scheduled for the next couple of months, so I'd better get used to it.

Cellmate - ur, workmate - Garth (wizard of Extreme Craft) just zapped information to me on a website that gives updates on the status of Gulf Coast museums. I did express concern for the museums, zoo, and aquarium early on, so it's great that some entity is keeping an eye on things.

The Sunday Times had an article on the website set up to out all cheatin' boyfriends and hubbies called dontdatehimgirl.com. Men have their free-hangers in a bunch because it's one-sided, but as the websites creator says, Hey - start your own rebuttal/cheatin' chick site. Wish I had someone to look up. Or someone to trash. Maybe I'll make up something. Hmmmm.

The Guardian made a gigantic mistake in dropping Doonesbury, realized its mistake, and has duly welcomed back Mike, BD, Zonker, and Joanie. Here's an article explaining why Doonesbury matters - even to the Brits.

Last week Paperback Writer's blog asked readers to submit the name of one book they'd want others to read and why. Here are the results.

Gotta get back to work. Hold it together -

3 comments:

Jean said...

Appalled to hear that the Guardian dropped Doonesbury. I didn't know, because I dropped the Guardian a while ago in a huff with its less and less radical politics. But you bet appreciate the wondrous Doonesbury has many many British fans, as now proved!!!!

Jean said...

It's Monday afternoon here and my brain clearly still can't manage a coherent sentence...

MaryB said...

I know what you mean - that was the point of my blog-title. I'm sure I'll go back and read that post later and think, Well, perfect example of brain misplacement. . .