Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm even thankful for . . . Delta

Today, Delta Airlines got me from New York to Atlanta safely and quickly. Added bonus: an aisle seat on a row all to myself.
Delta is my hometown airline (HQ in Atlanta), and I'm as loyal a customer as I can be. Now, it's certainly not what it used to be - what airline is? - but, overall, it is as clean and efficient an air carrier as you'll find these days. Let's face it - gone are the white-glove travel days of pampering the customer. Still, Delta gets me where I'm going at a reasonable price.

We are all so cavalier about air travel these days. There's a lot to gripe about - getting through an airport is sheer torture, then you're squeezed into a big tin can with screaming children and adults hacking up a lung. But when you think about it, it really is amazing that we can get from point A to point B - no matter how far apart they are - at incredible speed. I flew from New York City to Atlanta, Georgia, in a couple of hours' time. I did not have to walk, ride a horse or stagecoach, take a bus, or drive a car. I flew. Hm. Pretty awesome, when you stop to think about it (and can ignore the screaming kid or the guy next to you with the flu).

Delta is at the top of my thankful list today for getting me home for one more glorious wedding (Matt and Jessica's tomorrow) and Thanksgiving. Thank you, Delta, for being ready when I am. Hello, ATL!

No comments: