Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Incredible Shrinking Woman

OK. That's a slight exaggeration, but after 9 weeks, I've dropped 12.6 pounds. Not quite a stone, Jo, but I'm getting there.

I hesitate to mention this, since I figure it's the kiss o' death, and I'll start packin' on the pounds again. Fingers crossed, I can stick with it. My clothes sure are fitting a lot better, I tell you.

Now, go find something that weighs 12+ pounds and pick it up. Yep. That's how much dead-weight I've shed since the end of January. Woo-hoo!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember the good ole days when most everyone smoked and thought nothing of it? A good cigarette could soothe the savage beast and often took the place of that second doughnut or tenth bon-bon. I wish we could urge the Surgeon General to reconsider her/his stance on smoking and at least admit that it really curbs an appetite. And weren't those TV ads for cigarettes wonderful? Right now, I'd walk two miles for a Camel. Anyway, congratulations on the weight loss, cuz. Keep up the good work!

Elsie said...

Good for you, Mary! You've inspired me to try to shed a few (more than a few) before summer.

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic! Betcha didn't do it on a diet of grits either... Keep it up. I need to do the same, total of about 15 lb.

Joy Des Jardins said...

That's something to be proud of Mary....and I'm VERY proud of you. Keep on rollin' Proud Mary.

jomoore said...

Fantastic! Not far off that all important 'stone'! ;o)

Great going, Mary. Keep it up (or, rather, off)!

Liz Hinds said...

I'm with elsie. I must lose some of this excess that is making me uncomfortable. Well done, you! Keep it up, gal!

MaryB said...

Aw,go on, you guys - thanks so much for the support. (Cuz, you were sneakin' cigarettes????)