Monday, March 03, 2008

Blah-ging

Yawn. I'm in a blog slump. This happens to me when real life (vs. cyber-life) is swirling too fast for me to step back and reflect on it in any meaningful or humorous way.

I like using the blog to brain-dump whatever's niggling at me - from the profound (seldom) to the profane (yeah, that's it). But right now I'm wrapped up in the changes going on at work, and I don't have a lot of witty things to say about the experience. Well, OK, I do, but nothing I'd incrminate myself with by blogging about it.

Negotiating the workplace rapids has required my utmost attention. Lots of fine lines being walked, if you know what I mean. I love my job and look forward to the new organization. I'm just ready to get on with it. Alas, because a few other people aren't, everyone and everything around them gets sucked into a weirdly depressing vortex. I've been closing my office door and turning up the music to ward off the negative vibes.

Wow. This is already a "blahg." My blog-writing seems forced and uninteresting. If I'm bored with it, well, I can't imagine that everyone isn't bored, as well. I've been reduced to posting about borscht and pastrami. Please.

Maybe posting options will improve when I go to Atlanta and Dalton, Georgia, for the upcoming weekend. Believe it or not, I'm preaching - as in, standing in a pulpit and speaking - at St. Mark's Church, Dalton, on Sunday. That alone should be good for any number of chuckles next Monday, eh?

Till then, you have my permission to nod off . . .

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy do I know what you're talking about. And we aren't the only ones feeling this Blah-ging thing either.....I've been reading it from a lot of people out there. Some have even decided to blog less often. Do you suppose it's something in the air? I guess we'll just go along doing what we have to...huh Mary? ~Joy

Anonymous said...

It comes. It goes. It'll come again...

Preaching? Dang, girl, I didn't know you could do that. You ordained? Or just impersonating'? Whatever, go knock 'em dead. No... for a religious service, that does not sound right. So, break a leg, or whatever...

MaryB said...

Joy and Winston - thanks for the support. Yeah, I notice the same thing on some of my other favorite blogs. Sometimes you just have to do life and not worry about blogging about it. And Winston, no I'm not ordained (yuck! ;-) Episcopalians will let the odd lay-person in the pulpit sometimes - and goodness knows I'm an odd lay-person. I don't plan to make a habit of it, though.

jomoore said...

Slump? Tell me about it! I think we're waiting for the clocks to change. That'll sort us all out!

Oh - and please explain the picture for this post. I thought very hard (my eyebrows met in the middle) but I just couldn't get it. Then again, it is late (which is my excuse when it's obvious...).

MaryB said...

Jo, I still haven't caught up with the time change. Maybe this weekend. Re: Greta Garbo pic - she always seemed to epitomize boredom and ennui in her photos. Though beautiful, she seems to be thinking "blah!" in this picture.