Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Are we having fun yet?

Greetings from sunny San Francisco. Five hour flight from Atlanta next to a woman who spent most of that time coughing and sneezing all over me. My throat's feeling kinda scratchy, but that might be psychosomatic. But it's still scratchy. And it's 7pm Pacific Time and I'm ready to crash.

Left my cell phone on the charger at home. Sigh. I'm not a mobile phone user in real life, unlike all the rest o' youse guys with yer phones up to yer ears and yer mouths yammerin' constantly. I talk to myself and only myself as I walk along, thank you - I'll make a great bag-lady someday!) But I do use the thing when I travel. Damn. Sure could use it out here in the wild, wild West. Guess I'll survive till Friday night. At least I've got the internet to keep me warm!

I left my cell-phone in Atlanta, Georgia . . . Nah. Not as snappy as leaving one's heart in San Francisco.

Went straight from the airport to the office, which is right across from the baseball stadium. Did manage to get this shot for the memory book. Maybe I'll have more luck tomorrow. Or not. I've seen tomorrow's agenda. I may have to slip out to the restroom and get - um - "lost." Lost like down toward Fisherman's Wharf and the Ghiradelli Chocolate place or something. That kind of lost. Hm.

A cuppa hot tea, a book (PT's recommended The Best Thing That Can Happen to a Croissant - more than halfway through, now), and early bed. Nighty-night my little cable-car-ridin' Alcatraz fugitives.

5 comments:

Joy Des Jardins said...

Nighty-night Mary. By the way...I DON'T have a cell phone...I'm a relic...and I like it that way. Have a cup of tea on me...

Liz Hinds said...

Me neither. Talking to myself (and passing dogs) is quite enough for me.

It's 7.30 am here and I'm about to have my morning cup of tea.

Don't get too 'lost'!

Unknown said...

I have a mobile [you can tell I'm from England can't you] but without all the fancy bits - i.e. no camera etc.

It's just a bog standard phone that I can call people on and send texts with - and I don't overuse.

Have fun in San Francisco ...

petercmoore said...

I did the same thing once.

In San Francisco for a work conference. Looked at the programme for the day, walked out of the conference centre, bought a ton of cheap CDs, rode on the cable car, visited Alcatraz, wandered through the Presidio to look at the Bridge. It was a lovely day. And I would never have had time to do it if I'd stayed at the conference!

San Francisco has to be one of the loveliest cities that I've visited.

Anonymous said...

Great city, so enjoy! You already remembered the chocolate. Now don't forget to get some REAL sourdough bread, sit and eat it while it is still warm...

Enjoy!