Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wanted: Here 's my list

"Wanted" isn't really the right term. Needed. Yes, "Needed" is better. Here's my list on the last day of January 2010:
  1. About an hour's worth of time from a tax preparer that won't cost me $500. Sure, I can call the IRS for free, but, alas, you get what you pay for.
  2. A warm hat that won't mess up my hair. (I posted about this last year. Still no good solution, though.)
  3. Inspiration. I'm feeling a little drained of late. Wonderful, inspiring stuff is in the air all the time, but none of those inspiration-puffballs are sticking to me right now. What's up with that?
  4. Energy. Folks tell me that I have more energy than anybody they know. I'm faking it, friends. It's all faux-energy. And I don't know how much more faux I have left.
  5. Toilet paper. Yeah, I know. Just got to get out to the store for that, but I didn't want to forget it. One of the easy things on the list.
  6. A closet organizer. Oh, sure, I could clean and organize my own closets, but see #4 above.
  7. A change of style. I've been feeling a little rundown and frumpy, clothes-wise, of late. I don't even know where to begin.
  8. A better personal budget. I keep running short every month. What am I missing?
  9. To hem my new jeans. No sewing maching, so I have to do it by hand. Again, see #4.
  10. To get off my rear-end and get some of this stuff done. See #4.
Got a list? Or energy you can lend me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait till you see little Liam. You'll have lots of energy for him and, style? you won't care when you are with him.
Voice of experience,
Love, lil sis

MaryB said...

You're right, of course, on the energy front. Now if I could just find the right hat . . .

chux said...

I am fully with you on the faux-energy! I just feel so damn drained nowadays, but people generally think i'm full of beans. I just dont feel it.

This is why the good ideas arn't sticking to you too at the moment, because its hard to feel it when you are tired.

chin up !

MaryB said...

Chux - we're obviously fabulous actors, eh?