Hmm. That started me thinking. Strip clubs and phone sex are not "adult entertainment." Those should be classified "Adolescent Male Entertainment." Nothing "adult" about 'em. You want adult entertainment? Here are a few ideas:
- Dinner with good friends - equally entertaining in a restaurant or in somebody's kitchen
- A child's school play or dance recital (you must be a grown-up to sit through these things and think they're wonderful)
- Any film that a) has a discernible story line, b) isn't more than 40% shoot-'em-up, exploding cars/spaceships, special effects, and c) has at least a few scenes where people are engaged in rational dialogue
- Kicking back at a cool venue with a great entertainer, say, Cafe Carlyle, featuring Woody Allen and New Orleans jazz on Monday nights
- A community theatre production of "Guys and Dolls," or any theatrical production - even "Hair"
- Your daughter's/son's soccer/hockey/lacrosse game
- Taking your dog for a long walk
- Playing on your company softball team
- Watching your kids put on a show in the living room
- Just pulling up a chair and having a conversation with your aunt or son-in-law or best friend
I'm not saying that Pole-Dance City or 1-800-woo-hoo aren't entertaining. Of course they are, at least to some folks. They just don't rank as "adult" entertainment. It takes more than phone sex or a strip club to keep a grown-up entertained, children.
Go forth and find some real adult entertainment, friends!