- Starting at the Top: The Best Christmas Cartoon
- Christmas Movies, Part I: The Life Lessons
- Christmas Movies, Part II: Marley was dead, to begin with
- Christmas Movies, Part III: The Pre-1960 Classics
- Christmas Movies, Finale: The New-Fangled, Post-1960 Ones
After re-reading the listings, I wouldn't change anything. Except, I might add Bell, Book, and Candle (1958) with Kim Novak and Jimmy Stewart to the pre-1960 list. Great cast, very New York-y, and a cat named Pyewacket. Other than that, nope, I'm happy with what I wrote, lo, those many years ago in 2005.
But just so you don't think I'm shirking my duty here, I do have a brand new resource for you. I found a television listing of all the Christmas movie and holiday specials for this year. This handy-dandy little compilation gives title, network, date, and time of airing. I mean, wow! You can plan your entire Christmas viewing schedule for the next three weeks. (You're welcome.) Mine's already printed and highlighted.
As always, I'm open to additions, corrections - even a disagreement or two (though I'll ignore you, probably, if you disagree with me).
Now, get the popcorn and hot chocolate ready to go, slip into those flannel (shorty) pjs, and spend some time with a few old friends.
I triple-dog dare ya'! Nyaaaaah!