Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I've voted, so stop yammerin' at me

Before I left New York for Atlanta and the upcoming wedding, I sent in my absentee ballot for the presidential election. I'll be in England on Election Day (then on to Egypt and Israel), so I got to vote early. I'm done. Vote cast. Done my duty.

I'll miss voting the New York way - going into a big booth, flipping levers, then turning the big crank to register the vote. When you vote in New York, it's a physical experience - you know you've voted! (Maybe it's for Boss Tweed, but you know you've voted.)

Now I wish I could filter out all the election news until the final results come through.

1 comment:

Joy Des Jardins said...

Yea, me too Mary. It felt good to get it over and done with...now if the phone calls would just stop coming in.