Monday, March 27, 2006

New York state of mind

Start spreading the news. I'm leavin' today. Well, not today, really, but soon. Yes, friends and neighbors, I got the job in New York. All details aren't set yet, as I got the news last Thursday on the back deck of Regina and David's house with a drill in my hand and sheetrock dust coming outta my nose.

So. I made it. Background check and all. There's lots to do before I travel nawth. I have to decide what to do about my house (rent/sell) and start cleaning out the attic and closets. Need to find a place to live in NY. Well, just a mountain of things.

But that's the news. Ya-hoo!

11 comments:

petercmoore said...

May I be the first to offer my congratulations, Mary.

Well done, indeed.

Christa said...

Congratulations, Mary :D
I hope your relocation goes well :)

Liz Hinds said...

Congratulations, Mary. Will we still allowed to talk to you when you assume your mantle of power? It is a most forbidding title!

Well done though. What a big move it will be for you. Glad you got the job of your dreams!

Oh, my word verifiaction sounds like an African despot.

MaryB said...

Thanks, all! Yes, I fully intend to keep up the fun and games on Shorty PJs. It won't turn into a church-blog, I promise. You know me, I have too many opinions on movies, books, and generic human behavior to stop blogging.

Liz - ha! African despot! Mine looks like a typist whose hands are placed one key over from where they should be. Hm.

LBH said...

Woohoo! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Good on you, girl! I'm sure you'll knock 'em dead up there and be a good ambassador for all things Suthun. Living there should be a challenge, as well as an opportunity.

Please live up to your promise to stay in touch with us simple folk through Shorty PJs.

Peter (the other) said...

Your willingness is an inspiration. It sounds like a great recipe for staying young.

Look out New York!

Unknown said...

Brilliant ! We will look forward to reading how you get on.

Chris said...

I, for one, never doubted you'd get it!

Congratulations Mary.

My word verification is an Eastern European country.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

chux said...

excellent!! it was the turrets tick and the howling at the moon that sealed it for you i think!!!

congratulations