Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Meme de la meme

Tamar tagged me while I was snortin' sheetrock dust in Mississippi last week, and this is the first chance I've had to post it. It's long, but you might find something of interest here. I never tag anyone back (yes, I'm the notorious chain-letter breaker . . .), but play along if you're so inclined. Here we go:
  1. Who is the last person you high-fived? I high-fived lots of people last week - Amanda, Ella, the Minnesota boys. Anytime that sheetrock goes up straight and with socket cutouts perfectly placed, it's high-five time. But Amanda also taught us "little five" - squish your fingers together and kinda peck the hand of the other person.
  2. If you were drafted into a war, would you survive? Yes. I'm obnoxious that way. Though whoever was trying to draft me would have to chase after me and drag me to boot camp first.
  3. Do you sleep with the TV on? No. I don't have a TV in my bedroom. The only time I would sleep with the TV on is if I forgot to turn it off in the den before going to bed.
  4. Have you ever drank milk out of the carton? Probably sometime in my life I have, though a specific instance doesn't come to mind.
  5. Have you ever won a spelling bee? No. I'm an excellent speller, but I have to write words down to spell them correctly. Spelling outloud in a competition ain't my forte.
  6. Have you ever been stung by a bee? Yes. Fortunately, I'm not allergic. A little wet baking soda compound has always worked for me.
  7. How fast can you type? Pretty fast. 60-65 wpm. Miss Spivey (8th grade typing teacher) would be so proud.
  8. Are you afraid of the dark? No.
  9. Eye color? Green
  10. Have you ever made out at a drive-in? Yes. Night Call Nurses. 1972. And some Burt Reynolds swamp-zombie-thing around the same time. Perhaps I've said too much . . .
  11. When was the last time you chose a bath over a shower? Every night. I shower every morning and relax in a bath every night before bed. Because I want to and because I can.
  12. Do you knock on wood? All the time. In fact, I knock on anything and pretend it's wood.
  13. Do you floss daily? Yes.
  14. Can you hula hoop? Not very well anymore. I was great at it as a kid. I think the problem is in the fact that the hoops are too small for me now and you need a certain amount of distance between a spreading waistline and the hoop to get it going. I bet if you give me a hula hoop with a 6-foot diameter, I'd be da' bomb!
  15. Are you good at keeping secrets? Yep.
  16. What do you want for Christmas? A fresh tree, a crackling fire, carols, laughter, and dear family and friends around me. (Remember, I am the Christmas Queen. Is it too early to decorate?)
  17. Do you know the Muffin Man? Yes, he lives in Drury Lane-o. I know the Michelin Man, too. Plus, Mr. Goodwrench and Mr. Peanut. I'm very popular.
  18. Do you talk in your sleep? Yes.
  19. Who wrote the book of love? I think it was a woman named Mabel. But the book itself is hard to find.
  20. Have you ever flown a kite? Yes - several times as a kid, and several times as an big girl.
  21. Do you wish on your fallen lashes? Yes. Right now all the wishes involve finding an affordable apartment in New York. Hm.
  22. Do you consider yourself successful? Yes, especially in my wealth of a loving family and friends.
  23. How many people are on your contact list of your cell? I hate cellphones. Hate 'em. Did I mention I hate 'em? But I do have one to use on the road. Six people are on my contact list - 2 of 'em me (home/work).
  24. Have you ever asked for a pony? Please. What self-respecting young girl hasn't asked for a pony? I gave it up around age 7.
  25. Plans for tomorrow? Work, then music rehearsal for a little cabaret entertainment we're doing for my church's centennial celebration. I hope to eat several times during the day, as well.
  26. Can you juggle? No - if you mean balls, pins, etc. Yes - if you mean life in general.
  27. Missing someone now? Not really.
  28. When was the last time you told someone "I love you?" Yesterday. Daughter Kate.
  29. And truly meant it? Of course.
  30. How often do you drink? Might pour myself a gin and tonic once a week. Maybe not.
  31. How are you feeling today? Physically fine, otherwise - stressed.
  32. What do you say too much? Can't think of anything off the top of my head - maybe I should ask someone around me what they think.
  33. Have you ever been suspended or expelled from school? No. Such a goody-two-shoes.
  34. What are you looking forward to? My upcoming radical life/career change.
  35. Have you ever crawled through a window? Many times. Sometimes for good, sometimes for - um - not so good.
  36. Have you ever eaten dogfood? I eaten things that tasted like I think dogfood would taste, but no. Never eaten dogfood.
  37. Can you handle the truth? Yeah - I gotta, don't I?
  38. Do you like green eggs and ham? No. The book's OK, though, Sam I Am.
  39. Any cool scars? Are we talking inside or outside? I have the usual appendix, knee-scrape scars, but nothing that looks like the Virgin Mary or anything.

Whew! How self-involved was that?

No comments: