I could save them so much time and energy. And money, too. Implement these ideas, little whippersnappers, and you'll make the FB world a little happier.
- Add edit function to posts. Comments can be edited; why not posts? Until this is fixed just consider any mistakes in my posts typographical errors.
- Add a political rant filter. Facebookers are free to espouse whatever viewpoints they want, and I'm a big supporter of that 1st Amendment thingy, but I don't go to FB for political news. The only options right now are "unfriending" or "hiding" posts. I'd rather have them pre-filtered for me, thank you very much.
- Add a photo filter. Especially one for cat pictures. Lord. If I see one more cat picture crowding my newsfeed, well, I don't know what. Still, I'm sure all the cat-lovers are wishing there was a grandchild photo filter. Others need a vacation photo filter. I'm talking about all those pictures that your friends share that you just don't care about. I know we can filter whether we see friends' photos. The problem is that I don't want to block your family pictures or other fun times you've have. I just don't want to see any more cat pictures. For some reason, cat owners feel the need to share their pet pictures way more than the dog owners. I'd just like an option to put a check next to "cat" in a picture filter blocking app. And you can feel free to check "grandchildren" to block mine.
- Stop with the "Poke" option, already. Sheesh. Really. It's just rude.
- Add the same kind of scheduling function for personal pages as there is for corporate/institutional pages. Sometimes you want to go beyond the current day and time-release posts, rather than posting several within a day.